Hello friends! I hope you all had a productive week! 🙂 Today I am sharing with you a quick and easy breakfast bowl recipe, made by Alvine The Foodie from her Washington kitchen.. Ready? Let’s do this.
4 Jars of plain yogurt
1/3 cup of milk
3-4 medium strawberries
Half a medium size mango
1-2 dozen blueberries
1 tsp confectioner’s sugar
1 tsp peanut powder
Yields: 2 bowls
- Wash, peel and dice your fruits, according to your visual preference
- Mix the yogurt and milk to get a creamy consistency. Note that I used greek yogurt, which tends to be too thick. If your yogurt is already creamy, no need to add milk.
- Pour the creamy yogurt in a bowl
- Style your bowl with the diced fruits. Get creative. Here I went for my country”s flag colors in the first bowl (though I forgot the yellow star).
- Sprinkle the confectioner’s sugar and peanut powder at the end for decoration.
Confectioner’s sugar will dissolve quickly so if you want to take a picture of your creation you want to do it right away (or even ask someone to do it while you’re sprinkling the sugar!)
Where to get the ingredients if you live in Douala
Kiwis: SAWA FOOD MARKET Bonamoussadi
Strawberries and blueberries: CASINO SUPERMARCHE Bonapriso
Peanut powder: Super U Bali. If you can’t find it, you can substitute with sliced almonds.
If you live elsewhere… Use the fruits that you have at your disposal. The goal is to have fun with it. 🙂
Follow Alvine The Foodie on Facebook and instagram!
Have a delicious week-end!
Rose du Sahel